We are committed to properly managing and protecting personal information in compliance with laws, regulations and other standards regarding the protection of personal information when using personal information of our customers, business partners, employees and other related parties in the course of our business.
- 1. We shall lawfully and justifiably acquire, use and provide personal information and not handle any personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the specified purposes of use. Further, we shall take measures to prevent any unintended use of personal information.
- 2. We will comply with laws and regulations, national guidelines and other standards regarding the handling of personal information and ensure the appropriate handling of personal information.
- 3. As part of our efforts for ensuring security control of personal information (prevention against any leakage, loss or destruction of personal information), we have formulated a company-wide system to promote the protection of personal information whereby the overall security control can be achieved, including providing employee training on information security, implementing physical safety measures for facilities and specialized technical security measures for systems. We shall take corrective actions against any discovered non-conformity as part of our system to promote the protection of personal information to achieve the appropriate protection of personal information.
- 4. We have established a consultation office open for any complaint or consultation request from a data subject, with the information about the means of contact, reception and request published through our website and other media, to promptly and appropriately take actions to address any matter so noted. Any actions so taken and the results thereof will be documented and utilized as our resources for self-improvement.
- 5. We will regularly review our organization, personnel and rules so that our activities for the protection of personal information will not fall behind or deviate from the ever-changing surrounding environment and conditions and that we can continuously improve and maintain the proper management system for the protection of personal information.
- 6. If you have any complaint or consultation request about our handling of personal information, you can contact us:
For inquires about personal information:
(Hours: 10:00-18:00, except on Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and company-specified non-business days)
Established on: April 1, 2021
Masaomi Kawamura, President and Representative Director
Handling of Personal Information
- 1. Purposes of use of personal information
We will use acquired personal information within the scope of the purposes of use that we have clearly pre-indicated.
(1) Personal information of our customers and client companies
To perform services on consignment from a customer including warehouse operations
(2) Personal information of a company or individual making an inquiry
To respond to the inquiry or send information about our services
(3) Personal information of persons who work at us
For the attendance management, safety management and other office procedures
(4) Personal information of persons who apply for our job openings
To contact and screen the job candidates
(5) Personal information of our employees and their family members
For the personnel management, labor management, employee benefit and other procedures
- 2. Voluntariness
You may voluntarily choose to or not to provide us with your personal information, while you should be aware that if you choose not to do so we may not achieve the purposes of use as described in Section 1 above.
- 3. Third party provision of personal information
Personal information we have acquired will not be provided to a third party except for:
(1) Cases in which a principal’s prior consent has been obtained by clearly indicating or notifying necessary matters to the principal;
(2) Cases based on laws and regulations;
(3) Cases in which there is a need to protect a human life, body or fortune, and when it is difficult to obtain a principal’s consent;
(4) Cases in which there is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote fostering healthy children, and when it is difficult to obtain a principal’s consent;
(5) Cases in which there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining a principal’s consent would interfere with the performance of the said affairs; or
(6) Cases in which personal information is provided accompanied with business succession caused by a merger or other reason and handled within the scope of the pre-succession purposes of use.
- 4. Outsourcing of handling of personal information
The handling of personal information we have acquired may be outsourced to our contracted companies within the scope of the purposes of use as described in Section 1 above. When we outsource the handling of personal information, we will select a business operator that meets the personal information protection standards established by us and sign a contract requiring proper management of personal information with the business operator.
- 5. Notification of purposes of use, disclosure, correction, cessation of the utilization, deletion, etc. of personal information
When a principal requests that we notify the purposes of use, disclose, correct, add or delete the contents of, cease the utilization of, erase, or cease the third-party provision of personal information held by us that is subject to disclosure (a “Request for Disclosure, etc.”), we will handle such request in the following manner. However, information will not be subject to Disclosure, etc. and we may not accept a request if the situation falls under any of the following:
a) There is a possibility that accepting such a request would harm a principal or third party’s life, body, fortune or other rights and interests;
b) There is a possibility that accepting such a request would encourage or induce an illegal or unjust act;
c) There is a possibility that accepting such a request would hinder the maintenance of public safety and order such as the prevention, suppression or investigation of a crime; or
d) There is a possibility of interfering seriously with us implementing our business properly.
(1) Form of Request for Disclosure, etc.
You can download a form of Request for Disclosure, etc. (in PDF format) from our website, or if you would like to obtain a form by postal mail, notify us at “contact channel for personal information” as shown in Section 6 below of your address, name and request for the mailing of a form.
(2) Required documents and contact information for a Request for Disclosure, etc.
a) Form of Request for Disclosure, etc. of personal information
b) Documents to confirm your identity. If the request is being filed on behalf of the individual by a representative, please enclose a letter of attorney and other documents specified in the form of Request for Disclosure, etc. of personal information.
c) Please mail the required documents described in a) and b) to the address of the contact channel for personal information.
(3) Personal identification
Once we receive a form of Request for Disclosure, etc. of personal information sent by you, we will verify your identity based on your specific personal information held by us.
(4) Fee for notification of purposes of use or disclosure of personal information
The following fee will be charged only for “notification of purposes of use of personal information subject to disclosure” or “disclosure of personal information subject to disclosure.”
a) 2,000 yen (including tax) will be charged per request.
b) The fee should be paid by enclosing 2,000-yen worth of postal stamps (e.g., 80-yen stamp × 25, or any other type of stamps) with the document(s) to be submitted to us.
c) We will contact the requestor if the enclosed fee is insufficient or no fee is enclosed for a Request for Disclosure, etc. made by him/her and may regard the Request for Disclosure, etc., as having never been made if no payment of the fee is made within the designated period.
(5) Means of responding to a Request for Disclosure, etc.
Our response to a Request for Disclosure, etc. will be sent to the address of the requestor.
(6) Handling of personal information acquired in connection with a Request for Disclosure, etc.
To be handled in accordance with our rules on the handling of personal information. The form of Request for Disclosure, etc. of personal information and any attachment thereto you sent to us will be saved as the scanned data and the original documents will be shredded and may not be returned to you.
6. Contact channel for personal information
Room A, 7F, Shinagawa Station Bldg. 4-23-5 Takanawa, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0074
Personal Information Protection Office, LOGITECH
(10:00 – 18:00 on weekdays)